You probably know that neither Austin nor I are musically talented or inclined in any way... Austin's daily music intake includes Q93 (our local rap station) and watching BET or MTV jams, and mine includes the top 40 station and 80s/90s/musicals. (As you may recall, when I heard Mixed Nuts, our wedding band, play the Grease Megamix I was totally sold.) Anyway, let's just say neither of us have a trained ear for classical/wedding ceremony music and we were totally clueless for this aspect of planning. Enter our friend and classical music aficionado, Leah:
We had decided a few months ago that we wanted a jazzier version of a classical trio, and we booked the musicians. Now, the hard part was figuring out the songs! A couple weeks ago, Leah sat down with us and helped us go over choices for our ceremony music. We went through all the traditional classical wedding songs and some non-traditional ones (I tried to work in some music from Les Miserables, but to no avail), and we ultimately decided on a combination of songs that feel happy and lively but also refined and beautiful. Yesterday we received word that the musicians can arrange/play all the songs we requested, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing (hearing) how they all come together and fit into to our wedding ceremony.
This afternoon we are meeting with our Rabbi to work out the details for the actual ceremony, so, lots coming together on the ceremony front.
P.S. Fun Fact: Leah played the flute growing up, and 2 of my bridesmaids, Amy and Emily, are also flutists. I guess there is something about a flutist that I am attracted to in a friend!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aw shucks! the Les Miz "Wedding Chorale/Beggars at the Feast" would have been perfect.. "A Heart full of Love"..."Master of the House"..."Who am I" .... many appropriate choices. what about Mixed Nuts playing a medly?
ReplyDeleteMom, trust me, I TRIED!
ReplyDelete