Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wedding Shower

My mom's friends Cathy, Linda and Tamara threw me an adorable wedding shower last weekend. I had friends and relatives come in from near and far to celebrate with me, and I felt very fortunate to have so many of the women in my life all in one room for this special event. It definitely made me even more excited for April, when we will have all the people that we love together celebrating with us.

The shower was kitchen themed, so I got lots of great kitchen gadgets and utensils, as well as a recipe from each guest. I think this means it's time to expand my cooking repertoire, and I am excited to do so - let us know when you want to come over for dinner! We also had a fabulous cooking demonstration by my mom's friend and yoga teacher Jessica. We learned how to make asian coleslaw and summer rolls - so yummy and such a fun shower activity.

Here are a few photos from the event:
4 of my bridesmaids: Emily, Lorin, Amy and Lenore

Catherine, me and my aunt Connie

me, Ginger and mom

shower hosts Linda, Tamara and Cathy

cooking demonstration

mom and I practicing our summer rolls

mmmm doberge, my favorite cake ever


You may notice one very important shower guest missing from the photos... that would be Austin's mom, Lauren, who was our wonderful photographer, yet somehow managed to not be in any photos herself. It was great to have Lauren in New Orleans, and we thank her for the gorgeous photos from the wedding shower and rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. There doesn't seem to be any photos of your handsome finance either!

    ReplyDelete