Thursday, February 24, 2011

Most exciting thing(s) to happen in the past 2 weeks

Last night at a meeting, we were asked to share the most exciting thing that had happened in the past two weeks since our last meeting. I have to say, my immediate thought was: wedding invitations are in the mail and we are already getting responses! Yippee!! It has been so fun to start getting all the reply cards and find out who is planning to join us in New Orleans. I have especially been enjoying the sweet and amusing notes that people have been writing to us. Keep sending them in!! (My mom and Ginger are also enjoying the influx of "fun" mail... not sure how their postal carrier feels about it.) I know I say this every time I post, but getting the responses is really starting to make this wedding thing feel real and very exciting.

Anyway, back to my original story... I am so immersed in all things wedding that the above was my initial response. But REALLY, the most exciting thing to happen in the past two weeks was the arrival of Austin's first nephew, Moses Wells Lavin!!! We were able to visit Seth and Kate in Chicago right after Moses was born and meet our new nephew and visit with the happy parents. Moses is just adorable and we are so excited to be an aunt and uncle!

I guess there are just too many exciting things in our life recently to keep track of them all. Definitely a good problem to have.

Happy 2-week birthday Moses! 
Baby Moses on Illinois Election Day

Austin with his nephew
















Kate, Seth and Moses!

No comments:

Post a Comment