Tuesday, March 8, 2011

new york report #1

While Austin is enjoying his first Fat Tuesday in NOLA, my mom and I escaped to New York for my wedding dress fitting and some shopping. We are squeezing 3 fittings into this one week, and then my dress will be finished and sent to New Orleans. I had the first fitting Monday evening and all went well. The dress is just as pretty and special as I remember it, and it looked good with my shoes and all the other pieces that go with it. YAY. It is definitely a little nerve wracking to make an investment that large/significant and then not see it for like 8 months. But, all's well that ends well!

In between the fittings, we are enjoying some New York activities. Today we did some serious shopping in Soho - there are lots of wedding-related events to get outfits for. Tonight, we saw "Jersey Boys" on Broadway which was cute - and fitting since I am marrying a "jersey boy." (Although Lauren drove into Manhattan for Austin's delivery so he is technically a New York City native, not a NJ native.) Tomorrow, I have another fitting, and we are going to see Austin's mom and then some of my mom's college friends. I am also hoping to squeeze in some time in Central Park, even though it's a little chillier than the New Orleans spring weather I left behind. Then hopefully some museums, restaurants and maybe a little more shopping later in the week. :) Loving a week off in New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment