Friday, March 11, 2011

new york report #2

We had a great week in New York filled with shopping, shopping and more shopping! I have not shopped that intensely in who knows how long (ever?), and my mom and I both got some good wedding-related and non-wedding-related things. The rest of the week here was really fun and nice. We saw Austin's mother and a lot of friends, walked around the city a bunch and tried to stay dry yesterday. Last night, a friend and I got to go to an awesome fashion party thrown by Adam's best friend Nicky. It was such a fun and interesting experience - excellent people watching. One of the highlights was this super edgy/cool electric fiddle player/DJ duo. The fiddler played along to dj music and current songs like Lady Gaga. So cool and unique... Nicky said we could have them at our wedding for a mere $2,000 and a plane ticket to New Orleans, ha!


Today is my final dress fitting. So far it has been going quite well, and everything is coming together beautifully. The dress will be finished over the weekend and then shipped to me in NOLA.  It will be hard to keep it in the closet and not put it on every day for the next month!

This afternoon, I am heading to Philly for my bachelorette party. I am beyond excited and totally in the dark about what we are doing. I know my friends have been hard at work planning fun things, and I can't wait to see them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment